There are several types of vanities that someone can put in a bathroom, but which ones are the most beneficial for the space? Obviously the more intricate and large the vanity, the more space the bathroom area would need to accommodate it. A beautiful possibility that works well in most spaces, be it a master bathroom or even a powder room, is a floating vanity.
What is a floating vanity per say? A floating vanity, or “wall-hanging vanity” is typically thought of as a contemporary piece that wouldn’t compliment a more traditional space. But times are a changin’ folks! There are so many customization options with floating vanities on the market today that can accommodate various styles, fixtures, and spaces.
Why consider a floating vanity? There are a number of good reasons…
- Floating vanities offer the look of a more open and larger bathroom for a smaller space
- If you are using heated flooring, having the floor under the vanity exposed can offer more square footage of heat
- Makes it easier to clean underneath of the vanity with the exposed flooring (no more trying to reach a mop under there!)
- With all of the customization options available, don’t you worry about lacking storage space. We can even configure tall cabinets to float alongside the vanity sink!
- The height of the wall-hanging vanity can even be customized to the height desired, similar to an average vanity height and the “adult height” vanity which is the typical height of kitchen base cabinetry
- Additional lighting, be it ambient or functional, can be added underneath of the vanity
Although there is a tad more work required for the installation of a wall-hanging vanity (extra support backing, slight plumbing re-configurations) the benefits far out-weigh the necessary additional labor.
It is usually pretty overwhelming to go over all of the options one can put into even a single bathroom. With the help of an experienced designer, they can suggest sizes, colors, styles, and much more based on the functionality and aesthetic you are looking for.
If you live in Southern Maryland and liked this article or would like professional advice on your bathroom or any other remodeling project, please contact Southern Maryland Kitchen, Bath, Floors and Design at 301-866-0337. You can also schedule a FREE consultation, measurement, and estimate with one of our experienced design consultants online at www.SoMDKitchenBathFloors.com. Feel free to visit our showroom in the Wildewood Shopping Center in California at any time, and see what we can do for YOU! We have experienced designers that will listen and experienced installers on staff to handle every step of the process.
On the other hand, if you are considering a kitchen remodel or updating over a bathroom project, check out our previous blog posts on kitchen remodeling with spatial design: Remodeling Impacts More Than Just Home Value: Color Effect & Spatial Design or better yet, our recent blog post on OUTDOOR kitchens: Amp Up Your Grill Game This Summer: Outdoor Kitchens
Make sure to subscribe to our blog to get fresh new looks and ideas on remodeling projects, or follow us on Facebook to see what we're up to! facebook.com/somdkitchenbathfloors